Friday 26 December 2014

Five on Friday: Christmas drink anyone?

Taking five minutes to enjoy five things...

Christmas drink anyone?
I offer you...

Champagne
at The fan Museum, Greenwich.

Rum
on HMS Belfast,
issued daily, 'Up Spirits'.

Cocktails
on the roof of the Brunel Museum.
You'll have to wait until the summer, served by Midnight Apothecary.

Gather round the table for a cuppa in the Second World War
at the Imperial War Museum, London.
Served in the Allpress family's model home
in the Family in Wartime gallery.

Or share your favourite tipple with a friend,
a Viking horn cup each from
The British Museum,
Sutton Hoo Gallery.

I am joining in with Amy with Five on Friday, taking five minutes from our day to enjoy five things.
Please visit the five others who are also blogging about Five on Friday this week.

Want to know more about The Fan Museum, HMS Belfast,
the Brunel Museum and Vikings at the British Museum?
Click on the links below to read my previous posts about them.

19 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a post. Genius. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your 5, looking forward to your next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I've been thinking about my next 5. Hoping the idea will just pop into my head in the course of writing the other blog posts.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for taking part I will pop back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for organising Amy. Have loved being part of something bigger, linking to other bloggers, following them & reading about what they've been up to.

      Delete
  4. These are amazing places to have drinks with friends or family. I wish I'd visited the Fan Museum when we lived in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps another time, you may come back to London. There are so many places to visit. I'm wondering where to visit next, to keep my blog up to date.

      Delete
  5. Doh! I have been to Greenwich, but didn't know about the fan museum, and that is a beautiful fan indeed.
    Great list of five fabulous things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent idea for this first post. I have a passion for London and its wonderful cultural history, architecture and museums. Look forward to seeing more of your posts. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a Five on Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful five on Friday... Hope you've had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. Christmas drinks on the blog and in real life. Have enjoyed sitting around the table with friends and family, with tea or something a little stronger.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the museum links - something to add to my "visit one day" file! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your five on Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katharine, I don't know what happened to my last comment but it doesn't appear to be here but no worries. I loved this post and thought it was an excellent way of sharing a Christmas drink. Look forward to getting to know you more. A girl after my own heart, I have a passion for London too - it's cultural history and architecture. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia. Thanks so much for commenting again, I can now reply. I did see your last comment but when I hit the publish button it disappeared somehow. I'm enjoying & following your blog. Picking up ideas for places to visit looking at what people have been up to.

      Delete
  12. What a fantastic idea for a post!! I love how you themed this, and such a great idea for this time of year. Those Viking Horn Cups are utterly amazing arent they. Thank you so much for joining in five on Friday, I enjoyed your post! Hope you had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful new year! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...